- COVID-19 Testing Numbers (10/11/20-10/17/20)
View the testing numbers at USC Student Health (excluding other patients of Keck Medicine of USC) for Oct. 11 – 17, 2020.
- 10/19: Changes to the H-1B Visa Program
President Carol Folt announces that USC is joining a group of leading research, educational, and economic institutions in a federal lawsuit challenging the new H-1B visa guidelines.
- 10/14: Important Updates for Fall and Spring Semesters
Charles Zukoski, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, and Kedra Ishop, Vice President for Enrollment Management, share important updates regarding the fall 2020 and spring 2021 semesters.
- 10/14: Planning Ahead for Spring 2021
President Carol Folt shares updates regarding the fall 2020 and spring 2021 semesters.
- COVID-19 Testing Numbers (10/4/20-10/10/20)
View the testing numbers at USC Student Health (excluding other patients of Keck Medicine of USC) for Oct. 4 – 10, 2020.
- COVID-19 Testing Numbers (9/27/20-10/3/20)
View the testing numbers at USC Student Health (excluding other patients of Keck Medicine of USC) for Sept. 27 – Oct. 3, 2020.
- 10/6: Fall Community Health Update
Sarah Van Orman, USC’s Chief Health Officer for USC Student Health, shares updates with the USC community regarding COVID-19 and flu immunization.
- COVID-19 Testing Numbers (9/20/20-9/26/20)
View the testing numbers at USC Student Health (excluding other patients of Keck Medicine of USC) for Sept. 20 – 26, 2020.
- 9/30: Flu Immunization Requirement for On-site Faculty and Staff
The University is providing free flu vaccinations through USC Pharmacies for faculty and staff working on-site at any USC location and is requiring on-site employees to receive the seasonal flu vaccine by November 1, 2020.
- COVID-19 Testing Numbers (9/13/20-9/19/20)
View the testing numbers at USC Student Health (excluding other patients of Keck Medicine of USC) for Sept. 13 – 19, 2020.
- 9/22: A Message from the Chief Information Security Officer
USC’s Chief Information Security Officer Gus Anagnos provides students with cybersecurity resources and tools.
- COVID-19 Testing Numbers (9/6/20-9/12/20)
View the testing numbers at USC Student Health (excluding other patients of Keck Medicine of USC) for Sept. 6 – 12, 2020.
- 9/16: Annual Immunization Requirement for Students
All USC students taking in-person classes or living in university-owned residences in Fall 2020 are required to complete immunization for influenza by November 1.
- 9/14: Fall Semester Update
The university will proceed with online only instruction through the end of the fall semester.
- COVID-19 Testing Numbers (8/30/20-9/5/20)
View the testing numbers at USC Student Health (excluding other patients of Keck Medicine of USC) for Aug. 30 – Sept. 5, 2020.
- 9/9: Dependent Care Options for Employees
Senior Vice President of Human Resources Felicia Washington shares information about dependent care options for USC employees.
- COVID-19 Testing Numbers (8/23/20-8/29/20)
Beginning with this weekly period, totals released by USC Student Health will reflect testing numbers through the surveillance population testing program for asymptomatic individuals (Pop Testing provided through the Color company), and the PCR testing for exposed and symptomatic individuals.…
- Notice Issued by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
Under the Los Angeles County Health Officer Order, indoor and outdoor parties are prohibited.
- 9/3: Guidance for Upcoming Long Weekend
Sarah Van Orman, USC’s Chief Health Officer for USC Student Health, provides recommendations for safe activities to engage in during Labor Day weekend.
- 9/2: COVID-19 Community Update, September 2020
Interim Senior Vice President of University Relations Samuel Garrison shares university updates with the community and details USC’s current health protocols.
- COVID-19 Testing Numbers (8/16/20-8/22/20)
View the testing numbers at USC Student Health (excluding other patients of Keck Medicine of USC) for Aug. 16 – 22, 2020.
- 8/28: New Scholarship Opportunity
Executive Vice Provost Elizabeth Graddy shares details about a new scholarship opportunity.
- 8/26: Mindful USC
Charles Zukoski, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, and Varun Soni, Vice Provost for Campus Wellness and Crisis Intervention and Dean of Religious and Spiritual Life, share details about Mindful USC, a university-wide mindfulness initiative focused on positive health outcomes and learning experiences.
- COVID-19 Testing Numbers (8/9/20-8/15/20)
View the testing numbers at USC Student Health (excluding other patients of Keck Medicine of USC) for Aug. 9 – 15, 2020.
- 8/24: A Message to USC Students from Winston Crisp and Varun Soni
Winston Crisp, Vice President for Student Affairs, and Varun Soni, Vice Provost for Campus Wellness and Crisis Intervention and Dean of Religious and Spiritual Life, remind students of USC’s position on issues regarding online harassment, discrimination and free speech.
- 8/24: Community Health Advisory – COVID-19 Cases in Off Campus Residences
Sarah Van Orman, USC’s Chief Health Officer for USC Student Health, shares recent COVID-19 case numbers and reminds students to follow health guidelines.
- 8/19: Letter from Provost Zukoski and Vice President Crisp
USC’s Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs Charles Zukoski and Vice President for Student Affairs Winston Crisp remind students that large in-person gatherings are not permitted in the university community. Individuals and organizations violating this protocol will be held accountable through disciplinary action.
- COVID-19 Testing Numbers (8/2/20-8/8/20)
View the testing numbers at USC Student Health (excluding other patients of Keck Medicine of USC) for Aug. 2 – 8, 2020.
- 8/17: Transportation Announcement for Fall 2020
Effective immediately, parking will remain free for all USC faculty, staff and students through Dec. 31, 2020.
- 8/14: Residential Dining Update
We will switch dining operations from the USC Village Dining Hall to Everybody’s Kitchen (EVK) starting on Monday, Aug. 17. The last day of operation for the USC Village Dining Hall will be Sunday, Aug. 16.
- 8/14: We Are SC: A Message to the Trojan Community from President Folt
As we begin fall 2020 — a semester like no other — USC welcomes over 40,000 students from all over the world. President Carol Folt shares words of welcome along with academic and activity highlights, health care updates, community and student aid information, and much more.
- 8/11: Return to Campus Accountability
All faculty and staff must follow the COVID-19 safety protocols and requirements issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), L.A. County Department of Public Health and other health authorities.
- 8/11: Important Information on Fall Housing Policies
USC Residential Education shares additional fall housing policies and procedures that were established to maintain community safety and health during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 8/11: Pac-12 Presidents and Chancellors Vote to Postpone Athletic Competitions Through End of 2020
Today, the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors unanimously voted to postpone athletic competitions until the end of the calendar year.
- COVID-19 Testing Numbers (7/26/20-8/1/20)
View the testing numbers at USC Student Health (excluding other patients of Keck Medicine of USC) for July 26 – Aug. 1, 2020.
- 8/7: CA Department of Public Health Releases Guidance for Institutions of Higher Education
The California Department of Public Health released its Guidance for Institutions of Higher Education on Aug. 7, 2020. USC is currently reviewing and analyzing this guidance and will collaborate with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and other authorities to determine its impact on our plans to repopulate our campuses.
- 8/7: Behavioral Expectations for Students
USC’s Vice President for Student Affairs Winston Crisp shares behavioral expectations for students living on or near campus this fall.
- 8/7: Follow Up to USC’s 8/5/2020 Message About Fall Semester
USC’s Office of International Services shares an update with incoming and continuing international students regarding the fall semester.
- 8/7: Access to University Park Campus/Health Requirements
USC is proud to be an open and publicly accessible campus. However, due to the unprecedented COVID-19 public health situation, we are currently limiting access.
- 8/5: Fall Semester Update from Provost Zukoski and David Wright
We do not yet have clearance from the state or county to move forward with classroom instruction. Given the delay in receiving the required permission, we have made the difficult decision to begin the fall semester with fully remote instruction with limited exceptions for clinical education.
- COVID-19 Testing Numbers (7/19/2020-7/25/20)
View the testing numbers at USC Student Health (excluding other patients of Keck Medicine of USC) for July 19 – 25, 2020.
- 7/31: Fall Update for Students
Provost Charles Zukoski shares an update for the fall semester regarding student fees, student testing and student workers.
- 7/31: USC Welcome Experience!
Vice President for Student Affairs Winston Crisp shares important information with new students about the fall 2020 Welcome Experience.
- 7/31: Update on Fall 2020 Tuition Invoice – Student Health Insurance Plan Billing
View an update related to the charges for the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) that will be reflected in students’ fall 2020 tuition statements.
- 7/30: Student Health Announces “Pop Testing” for COVID-19
USC Student Health is initiating population testing (“Pop. Testing”) of COVID-19 with the external company, Color, to begin the week of Aug. 3, 2020. The ongoing testing is part of the university’s overall testing strategy to identify, isolate, contact trace and contain new infections.
- 7/28: Update on Off-Campus Non-University Housing
Many of you have questions about off-campus student housing and leases you have signed with third party providers. We understand this is an area of great concern, and that it’s been extraordinarily difficult to plan for the fall semester and finalize your housing decisions. We want to provide an update on what we know, and answer some general questions you may have.
- 7/28: Fall 2020 Travel Guidance for International Students Currently Outside the US
USC’s Office of International Services shares an update regarding travel to the United States for new and continuing international students.
- 7/28: Student Fee Reduction for Fall 2020
For the fall semester, USC will reduce combined central student fees — including health and activities fees — from approximately $500 to $100 for undergraduates, and from approximately $450 to $100 for graduate students.
- 7/28: USC Hospitality Shares Fall Semester Meal Plan Options
USC Hospitality shares updated fall semester meal plan options.
- COVID-19 Testing Numbers (7/12/20–7/18/20)
View the testing numbers at USC Student Health (excluding other patients of Keck Medicine of USC) for July 12 – 18, 2020.
- 7/27: COVID-19 Screening, Symptom, and Exposure Reporting Process for Onsite Employees
Employees and supervisors should review the details about USC’s screening, symptom and exposure reporting process for employees who are working onsite.
- 7/27: Fall 2020: COVID-19 Testing Strategy and Health Protocols
As we prepare to begin the fall semester, we wanted to share our COVID-19 testing strategy and other established health protocols for students who plan to return to campus.
- 7/25: SEVP Issues Fall 2020 Guidance for F-1 Students
The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) recently issued fall 2020 guidance for F-1 students.
- 7/23: Fall 2020 USC Student Experience
Please join USC President Carol Folt, Provost Charles Zukoski, VP for Student Affairs Winston Crisp, members of the faculty and university health experts for a special webinar for students and parents focused on plans for the 2020 fall semester.
- 7/18: Community Update Regarding Rosso’s
We recently received information about a confirmed case of COVID-19 from an Auxiliary Services employee who worked in the central kitchen area for McKay’s and Rosso’s. The last dates the individual worked shifts were July 13 and 14. Employees with possible exposure were contacted and received instructions for self-monitoring. Patrons, who based on our records, visited Rosso’s on July 13 and 14 are being notified.
- 7/16: COVID-19 Health Advisory
In the summer, our on-premise and near-premise campus population is much smaller than during the fall and spring semesters. However, we are seeing some worrisome trends emerge from this smaller population that our community should take into consideration. Over the last two weeks, the COVID-19 test positivity rate increased from 5% to 9% among students.
- 7/15: Update on Your Financial Aid Package (Incoming Students)
USC’s Financial Aid Office shares an update with incoming students regarding financial aid packages and room and board costs.
- 7/14: Update on Your Financial Aid Package (Continuing Students)
USC’s Financial Aid Office shares an update with continuing students regarding financial aid packages and room and board costs.
- 7/14: ICE Reverses Directive to Revoke International Student Visas
We were very pleased to learn that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security agreed to rescind its July 6 guidance. This would have, among other things, required our international students to take in-person classes in order to maintain their visa status.
- COVID-19 Testing Numbers (7/5/20–7/11/20)
View the testing numbers at USC Student Health (excluding other patients of Keck Medicine of USC) for July 5 – 11, 2020.
- 7/13: USC and Coalition of Western Universities Sue the Federal Government
Following last week’s government directive requiring international students to take at least one in-person class to maintain their visa status, USC immediately began reaching out to bring together some of the leading research institutions, liberal arts colleges, and public universities in the western United States to block the directive from being enforced. Today, our powerful coalition of 20 schools filed its own lawsuit against the federal government.
- COVID-19 Testing Numbers (6/28/20 – 7/4/20)
View the testing numbers at USC Student Health (excluding other patients of Keck Medicine of USC) for June 28 – July 4, 2020.
- 7/9: COVID-19 Health Alert
In the past few days, a cluster of 15 positive cases of COVID-19 among houses located on 28th Street has been identified and is being evaluated. Patients with confirmed positive tests are in self-isolation at home or are in the process of being privately transported to isolation. We have seen a rapid acceleration in community spread in the last three weeks. The current positivity rate for L.A. County is 11%, which is up from 5% about three weeks ago.
- 7/8: Updates to Fall 2020 Courses
In line with local and federal public health guidance, we have updated the delivery method for many fall courses to include hybrid, in-person and online learning. At your earliest convenience, please access Web Registration and check for changes to any of your fall semester courses.
- 7/8: University Message Regarding International Students
We are deeply troubled by the updated guidance that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) released Monday requiring international students to take at least one in-person class to maintain their visa status. Given the broad range of courses being offered, both in person and online, we are optimistic we will be able to support our international students to study in person safely if they wish, but it may take a few days.
- 7/7: Mandatory “Health Hygiene and Safety for Students” Online module and Daily Symptom Check, “Trojan Check”
The university is requiring all USC students who are living on campus or coming to campus to complete the ‘Health, Hygiene and Safety Training’ module in TrojanLearn (requires flash-compatible browser). In addition, students, employees and visitors are required to complete a daily symptom check prior to entering facilities on our campuses.
- 7/2: Letter to Academic Year 2020/2021 Returning Residents and Pending Applicants
USC Housing and Residential Education share the increased health and safety guidelines that all USC Housing residents will be required to follow to ensure a safe and healthy community environment. We are hopeful that this information will allow you to make an informed decision on whether an on-campus living environment or an online experience from your permanent residence is the better choice for you to succeed academically and thrive as an individual during the fall semester.
- 7/1: Letter on Student Housing and Course Schedules
Charles Zukoski, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, and David Wright, Senior Vice President for Administration, share an update on undergraduate classes for fall 2020, including scheduling, and on-campus housing.
- 6/30: COVID-19 Campus Health Advisory
In light of the rising COVID-19 cases in Los Angeles, we remind employees on campus to adhere to safe physical distancing and diligent face covering wearing when around co-workers and others on-campus.
- 6/29: Fall 2020 Semester on USC Campuses: Health, Safety and Well-being
Our decisions for the fall semester require that we remain nimble, especially as COVID-19 cases in Southern California continue to rise. Reducing on-campus density in buildings, outdoors and during activities will be needed to ensure your safety and to comply with L.A. County Department of Health guidelines.
- 6/26: Update on COVID-19 Training and Daily Wellness Checks
Felicia Washington, Senior Vice President of Human Resources, and Charles Zukoski, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, share an important update with faculty and staff on COVID-19 training and daily wellness checks.
- 6/24: Important Information for First-Year International Students
We are pleased that you have chosen to pursue your bachelor’s degree at USC. International students are well-represented at our University, and we value the unique perspective that you bring to our classrooms and campus community. We admitted you because…
- 6/23: USC Student-Athletes to Begin Phased Return to Campus for Voluntary Workouts Starting June 24
USC student-athletes will begin a phased return to campus for voluntary workouts beginning on June 24.
- 6/19: Message from Provost Zukoski Regarding Restart Activities
As we begin a phased approach toward resuming some on-campus activities, Provost Charles Zukoski shares the progress we have made in a number of areas.
- 6/17: Project Restart Webinar with USC Students
President Carol Folt, Vice President of Student Affairs Winston Crisp, and Provost Charles Zukoski invite USC students to a webinar on Monday, June 22 from 1-2:30 p.m. to discuss Project Restart and the return to campus.
- 6/8: Update from the Provost and Chief Financial Officer
USC has a potential budget gap of $300 to $500 million in FY 2021. The gap arises from lost revenues and increased costs associated with COVID-19. We are preparing for a prolonged economic recovery that could impact our finances for several years. We remain confident that we can close this gap for FY 2021, and over the next year, develop plans to emerge stronger from the pandemic.
- 6/2: Message from President Folt about the 2020-2021 Academic Year
President Folt shares some of the key Project Restart decisions that the university has made so far. While we still have many details to work out, we are planning for an in-person fall semester for students beginning on Aug. 17, 2020. This is a week earlier than originally scheduled.