Update on Free Speech, Expectations and Policies

We would like to direct you to our website on freedom of expression. We designed this site to help everyone better understand free speech at USC.

Great American Smokeout on Nov. 16

USC is committed to promoting a healthy, safe, and comfortable environment for all faculty, staff, students, and visitors. This includes having a smoke-free campus and making our community aware of the Great American Smokeout on Nov. 16, 2023. 

Give back by contributing to the Good Neighbors Campaign – now through November 10, 2023

These partnerships are made possible by the generosity of our exceptional staff and faculty, who live the goodwill that defines USC every single day. Today, I invite you to continue this great legacy and contribute once again to the Good Neighbors Campaign.

Wrapping Up Cybersecurity Awareness Month – Here’s How You Can Help Keep USC Safe!

Implementing cybersecurity practices is how we protect our professional and personal networks, devices, and data from unauthorized access or criminal use. 

Update to Respiratory Season Vaccines (Flu and COVID-19)

Following up to the previous campus message on Sept. 28 regarding the recommendations for the flu and COVID-19 vaccines, we are sharing this update on coverage for the 2023 COVID-19 vaccine for employees.

USC Trojans Alert

[[DRILL ONLY]] Drop, Cover & Hold On now. USC is participating in the Great ShakeOut, an earthquake preparedness day.

Earthquake Preparedness and The Great Shakeout

USC will participate in the 16th Annual Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drill at 10:19 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 19, 2023.

A Message from President Folt

I want to welcome our students back from fall break. Even a couple of days off can be restorative. These past few weeks have been incredibly difficult for many members of our community. I hope you found time for yourselves and were able to get some much-needed rest.

President Folt’s statement regarding situation in Israel and Gaza (10/10 update)

Resources are available for those on USC campuses who may be in need of support.

Emergency Alert Test Communication

The Federal Emergency Management Agency, in coordination with the Federal Communications Commission, will hold a nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System and Wireless Emergency Alerts on Wednesday, October 4.  The tests are scheduled to begin at 11:20 a.m. PT.