The university is increasing its safety and security measures off-campus in the university park area. Please remain alert and vigilant when out in areas adjacent to campus – walk in pairs or groups and utilize the ‘Safe Ride’ program or the ‘Safe Walk’ feature on the LiveSafe mobile app.
These additional measures include:
- Expanding the number of visible officer foot patrols
- Adding mobile DPS patrol officers on electric scooters for increased visibility
- Shifting “yellow jacket” security staff to high visibility areas along the Figueroa Corridor
Please continue to take advantage of these ongoing safety programs:
- The ‘Safe Ride’ program continues to operate with free Lyft rides in the patrol and response area
- Limited bus service continues between the UPC/HSC campuses and Union Station
- The LiveSafe mobile app has a ‘SafeWalk’ feature that allows students to let others know where they are going. The LiveSafe app can be downloaded at the App Store or on Google Play.
- DPS monitors cameras 24/7 both on and off-campus and has dedicated personnel on duty at all times for an immediate response
For additional safety information, please visit: USC Safety