USC Celebrates Women’s History Month
Women’s history at USC goes all the way back to the university’s beginnings
Women and women’s groups played a big role in USC’s early history — including supplying USC’s first valedictorian.
“Unlike most universities in America, USC was actually co-ed, diverse and international from its start in the 1880s, and our first valedictorian was a woman – Minnie Miltimore. And this legacy of leadership continues today.”USC President Carol L. Folt
Women’s History Month Events at USC
USC Women’s History Month Kickoff
Join President Carol L. Folt, students, faculty, staff and alumni to kick off 2023 Women’s History Month.
USC Women’s Conference
Join a full day of inspirational women with your fellow Trojans.
Young Women’s Leadership Conference
This conference brings high school girls throughout the Los Angeles area to USC to guide their leadership into public service.
USC News Stories
- The sisterhood-themed Cypher Summit — presented by the USC Kaufman School of Dance and USC Visions and Voices — will mark Women’s History Month with dance performances and a party.
- People across all demographics could change their minds when they learned about the environmental benefits of seafood farming, USC research suggests.
- A USC study shows how cycles of a fasting-mimicking diet reduce insulin resistance, liver fat, immune system aging and biological age in clinical trial patients.
- For future, current and former presidents, the road to and from the White House often leads through Trojan territory.
- Two USC Rossier doctoral graduates opened their hearts — and their school — after the deadly wildfire leveled Lahaina and disrupted education in West Maui.
- USC Viterbi’s inaugural John Brooks Slaughter Leadership in Engineering DEI Summit highlights how an infusion of diversity, equity and inclusion could improve AI, health, games, and the overall student experience.
Voices Across Campus
5 Trojan women who have made history
In honor of Women’s History Month, we celebrate USC Dornsife alumnae who have made their mark on history, from the stage to the swimming pool to the Supreme Court.
Athena Hacks USC creates community
More than 400 students took part in USC’s hackathon for marginalized gender identities, now in its seventh year.
5 books to dive into for Women’s History Month
In celebration of Women’s History Month, USC Dornsife professors provide reading suggestions that explore the history of women around the world.
Femfest takes over McCarthy Quad with femme power
The one-day festival presents an inclusive safe space that challenges patriarchal oppression in the music industry.
USC Athletics honors the Women of Troy
For Women’s History Month, USC Athletics honors the storied past, present and future of the Women of Troy.
10 things to do this Women’s History Month
USC Annenberg Media lists movies, speakers and art to support the month.