LGBTQ+ rights posters offer glimpse into 60 years of activism
ONE Archives at USC Libraries recently digitized over 4,200 posters and demonstration signs spanning the 1950s to the 2010s. View them here.
“The more LGBTQ+ voices that are out there, the more the rest of the world can’t ignore them anymore.”Loni Shibuyama, librarian and archivist at ONE Archives
LGBTQ+ Events at USC
Pride Month Celebration
Join President Carol L. Folt in celebration of Pride Month and explore the month’s theme “All Out With Pride.”
Lambda LGBTQ+ Pride Kickoff
Join USC Lambda LGBTQ+ Alumni Association Thursday, June 1 @ 5:00pm at the Moreton Fig Patio.
Pride Month Flag Raising at USC Keck
Join Keck Pride at the Keck Hospital of USC Fountain to raise the LGBTQ+ Pride Flag.
USC News stories
- Landon Brand, Ben Stanfield and Mimi Tran Zambetti’s startup runs a website that calculates your carbon footprint. That way you can easily fund climate solutions that offset your lifestyle. The post How can you combat climate change today? These USC alums are making it easier to act appeared first on USC Today.
- The Class of 2026 entered the law school with a median LSAT of 169 and a median GPA of 3.88, both record-setting marks. In addition, the acceptance rate was also Gould’s lowest ever, at 12.5%. The post USC Gould welcomes JD class that raises standards of achievement appeared first on USC Today.
- Underserved students in STEM fields get on track to success at four-year institutions through a unique effort among USC, UC Santa Barbara and community colleges. The post Women, Latino community college students climb aboard USC’s TRAINS Program appeared first on USC Today.
- By day, Christopher Muniz teaches students the craft of writing at USC Dornsife. By night, he’s dropping beats at sold-out music festivals. The post When he’s not helping students spin tales, he’s spinning records appeared first on USC Today.
- Research focuses on social determinants of health for Latinos, who are among the fastest-growing demographic groups in the U.S. The post USC Price professor launches Hispanic Well-Being Initiative appeared first on USC Today.
- “I see a place that’s at the very front edge of changing the world in which we live for the better,” Andrew T. Guzman says. The post ‘Nowhere better than USC’: New provost given a Trojan welcome at installation ceremony appeared first on USC Today.
Voices Across Campus
Pride Month 2022 Reflections
Students, faculty and staff share personal reflections about finding and building community.
A guide to life at USC as a LGBT+ student
Trojan 360’s Adriana Bernal Martinez talks about how to find your people at USC.
USC Alum is raising voices
JP Karliak ’03 launched Queer Vox to bring authenticity to a growing number of LGBTQ+ characters in animation and video games.
Q&A: Informed youth, optimism best defense against new threats to LGBTQ+ rights
Theodore Burnes of USC Rossier reflects on how to foster productive conversations on LGBTQ+ subjects and methods to better support LGBTQ+ students and youth.