Celebrating Veterans Day and Military Appreciation at USC
USC’s History with the Military
For over 100 years, USC has continuously supported the U.S. military.
Veterans Day Events at USC
Women as Allies
Please join us for a distinguished Speakers Series sponsored by USC Marshall Master of Business for Veterans.
Thursday, November 2, 2023
USC Campus, Vineyard Room
USC Veterans Day Celebration
Join us as we honor and celebrate USC veterans and all members of the military for their legacy of service and dedication to their country.
Thursday, November 9, 2023
Vet Day L.A. ‘23
The theme for this year’s Veteran’s Day event honoring our heroes is “Uniting in Gratitude.”
Saturday, November 11, 2023
8am – 2 PM
Bob Hope Patriotic Hall
Veterans Day Spotify Playlist
A playlist curated by USC students, faculty and staff for our Veterans Day celebrations!
USC News Stories
- Chase Millsap co-directed the comeback story “Small Town Strong,” which chronicles how the people of Portsmouth, Ohio, battled opioid addiction.
- More than 250 Trojans enjoy camaraderie and share stories during USC’s Veterans Day event.
- Social work alum and Afghanistan veteran Dylan Moore says his real-world experience informs his role as an on-campus therapist.
- The philanthropist established the Schoen Family Scholarship Program for Veterans Endowment, which provides financial support for veterans studying at the university.
- Researchers at the USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work release the first needs assessment of veterans across Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego Counties.
- After serving almost a decade in the military, Nicholas Brands was ready for a change. USC Price's online Master of Public Administration program was just what he was looking for.
Voices Across Campus
USG votes to include JAMS among recognized student assemblies
Incorporation allows the assembly of military-associated students to qualify for USG funding, access to programming and events and status as a cultural organization.
Transforming pain through paint
iAsia Brown spent 16 years as a gay woman in a “don’t ask, don’t tell” military.
Powered by Honor
Two decades as a Navy pilot taught Will Pressley, M.S. ’17, what it takes to succeed as a military leader.
Brian Phan, Son of Vietnamese Immigrants and Navy Veteran Heads for ER
After eight years in the Navy, well-traveled vet with a knack for photography heads straight for the center of the action.
Bridging cultural gulf and a generation gap, Green Beret veteran stands out in class
Undergraduate students half his age sometimes mistake Orlando Ambriz for a professor. The retired Green Beret flips those mistakes into opportunities.
USC Veterans Resource Center (VRC)
The VRC enhances the individual and academic success of veterans, service members, and their families.
USC Student Veterans Association (USCVA)
Students with military experiences who actively interact with fellow students and offer unique perspectives to help grow the already diverse USC culture.
Joint Assembly for Military-Associated Students (JAMS)
JAMS works with administration and student body officials to integrate our member organizations and affiliated students within the USC community.
Master of Business for Veterans (MBV)
The MBV degree in USC Marshall School of Business is a fully accredited 1-year graduate degree that was created specifically for military veterans, active duty, and reserve personnel.
Military and Veterans Programs (MVP)
The mission of MVP at the USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work is to advance the health and wellbeing of our nation’s service members, veterans and their families through innovations in research, education, and community engagement.
USC Alumni Veterans Network (USCAVN)
USCAVN strengthens the community of Trojan veterans through social, educational and service-oriented engagement opportunities.