Celebrating LGBTQ+ History Month
LGBTQ+ rights posters offer glimpse into 60 years of activism
ONE Archives at USC Libraries recently digitized over 4,200 posters and demonstration signs spanning the 1950s to the 2010s.
“The more LGBTQ+ voices that are out there, the more the rest of the world can’t ignore them anymore.”Loni Shibuyama, librarian and archivist at ONE Archives
LGBTQ+ Events at USC
Join QuASA (Queer and Ally Student Assembly) for a celebration of queer art, music, and more as we kickoff LGBTQ+ History Month at USC.
ONE Magazine at Seventy
Join USC Libraries to commemorate ONE’s legacy of uplifting LGBTQ+ communities and advancing queer rights and visibility through print.
Hit the Wall
Join the USC School of Dramatic Arts for a performance that brings to life the stories of the generation who broke the chains of invisibility.
Queer Bodies: Gender and Power in Art & Society Podcast
‘Ideas in Action’ podcast featuring academics, artists, and authors discussing gender, sexuality, queerness, and the body in art, culture, fashion, and society.
USC News Stories
- Americans are united on core principles like the importance of public education and parental involvement, but diverge on the details, a new USC study suggests.
- After extensive renovations, the world’s largest repository of LGBTQ+ materials opens with Blood Baby, an exhibition celebrating queer kinship, radical gender performance and belonging.
- Program speakers pay tribute to those lost to AIDS and stress the importance of knowing your HIV status.
- Jubilation fills Student Equity and Inclusion Programs spaces — now three times bigger — at reopening celebrationTrojans feel sense of belonging and support by spending time with each other in Student Union centers and lounges.
- Current and former clinical providers recall the origins and differences that have helped make the team what it is today.
- “Themes that came up in the magazine are still relevant and with us today,” says the exhibit’s curator, USC Libraries’ Alexis Bard Johnson.
Voices Across Campus
USC to celebrate LGBTQ+ History Month
Read more about the various ways the USC community is celebrating LGBTQ+ month through events and programming.
Celebrating LGBTQ+ History Month
Learn more about how USC is reflect on the history, achievements, and contributions of the LGBTQ+ community.
Welcome to ONE Archives
Discover the largest collection of LGBTQ+ materials in the world right at USC.
LGBTQ+ Reading List
Watch for some recommended reads for Pride Month. Be sure to check out these books from the USC Libraries!
Pride Month 2022 Reflections
Students, faculty and staff share personal reflections about finding and building community.
USC Alum is raising voices
JP Karliak ’03 launched Queer Vox to bring authenticity to a growing number of LGBTQ+ characters in animation and video games.
USC Student Organizations
USC has numerous LGBTQ+ undergraduate and graduate student organizations and opportunities to get involved.
USC Lambda LGBTQ+ Alumni Association
The USC Lambda LGBTQ+ Alumni Association connects LGBTQ+ alumni to the university and each other to create an enriching and supportive community.
USC LGBTQ+ Student Center
Stop by our Center (STU 415), check out our programs, access USC’s support resources, and get connected to LGBTQ+ student life on campus.
Celebrate LGBTQ+ History with USC
- Use USC’s LGBTQ+ History Month graphics on your social media, websites, Zoom background, etc. to show your support.
- Add your LGBTQ+ History Month events to calendar.usc.edu. Use the tag lgbtqmonth to be included in the channel.
- Join USC’s LGBTQ+ History Month programming committee. Contact Maria Romero-Morales at email@example.com.