Shaun Harper and Royel Johnson named Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Accessibility Visionaries by the Los Angeles Times

Two USC professors side-by-side
USC University Professor Shaun Harper and Associate Professor Royel Johnson

Distinguished honor recognizes leaders from across Southern California for their dedication to equity and advocacy across industries.

USC Rossier University Professor Shaun Harper and Associate Professor Royel Johnson have been named 2023 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Accessibility (“DEIA”) Visionaries by Los Angeles Times B2B Publishing.

DEIA Visionaries were selected “based on submissions of hundreds of nominated DEIA professionals and experts” and consist of “the most prominent game changers and thought leaders in the business world today.” According to the Los Angeles Times, the visionaries’ work has inspired Southern California and beyond as they continue to provide guidance to their own organizations and the business community. The publication shared brief profiles for each honoree highlighting their careers and recent successes.

“Being highlighted by one of our nation’s most well-known media outlets is a serious honor,” said Harper. “I am grateful that the recognition is for work I do every day in my fearless pursuit of diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility. Accolades are nice, but the actualization of my visions for DEIA and justice in our society, its educational institutions and its workplaces would be even more fulfilling. I will keep working in the meantime.”

Read more about Shaun and Royel’s story