USC President Carol L. Folt writes to students and parents with updates on spring semester planning:
- As previously announced, spring classes will begin remotely on Jan. 15. The university is ready to pivot to hybrid classes once we get the county’s OK.
- Students planning to return to off-campus residences near USC are urged to delay their arrival until conditions in L.A. County improve.
- We hope to be able to return some students to residence halls perhaps as early as February, with a focus on first-year students and seniors. We are planning to open our USC Housing portal for applications in January; details will be available after the first of the year.
- Although most learning will likely remain remote during the semester, we hope to open libraries and outdoor facilities at a reduced capacity early in the semester, pending county approval.
- Our COVID-19 testing and screening capacity is being ramped up to 100,000 per week (up from 5,000 per week in the fall).
Read the president’s full letter.