Phases and Guidelines
While most Trojans will be learning and working remotely, a portion of our community will be on campus. They will be required to follow stringent guidelines and safety requirements to help keep themselves and other members of our community safe.
Eventually, we will all return. The university has developed a phased approach for that return. Those resources are linked below, and they will help us determine when it is safe for everyone to return to campus.
The foundation for the university’s goal of a safe campus reopening
Phased Approach and Restart Planning
The university will use defined phases based on public health status to determine the return status
Returning to Campus
This simple checklist outlines the essential things to do to return to campus
General Restart FAQs
Answers to some of the most common questions about returning to campus
Trojan Community Guidelines
Every student, faculty and staff member, and visitor coming to campus will be required to follow these health measures
Restart Working Groups
There are 11 working groups with more than 100 Trojans working to bring our community back to campus
Watch recordings of fall 2020-related webinars for students, faculty and staff
Health and Safety
Academics and Research
Living and Working
Staying safe is a shared responsibility. Make the commitment to keep yourself and your fellow Trojans healthy and happy.
- 12/3: COVID-19 Vaccine UpdateRod Hanners, Interim Chief Executive Officer of Keck Medicine of USC, will chair a COVID-19 vaccine working group that is principally engaged in developing an evidence-based strategy for the vaccination of USC staff, faculty, students, and patients.
- 11/30: Update on the 2021 Retirement PauseWe have decided to not institute the full 10% pause on University contributions to USC’s 403b Retirement Savings Program, as previously communicated on June 8, 2020. Effective January 1, 2021, the University will continue the 5% match program, matching the pre-tax and/or Roth contributions of our employees, up to 5% of eligible earnings.
- 11/24: Los Angeles Times Digital SubscriptionAs announced by President Folt in her video today, we are pleased to extend an offer to students, faculty, and staff for a complimentary one-year subscription to the Los Angeles Times Digital Edition thanks to our sponsorship with the Los Angeles Times for the annual Festival of Books.
- 11/24: A Message of Thanksgiving from President FoltPresident Carol Folt shares a message of thanks at the end of the fall semester.
- 11/20: Mandated Curfew for Los Angeles CountySarah Van Orman, USC’s Chief Health Officer for USC Student Health, directs the USC community to follow the California Department of Public Health’s guidelines around the evening curfew, effective starting at 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 21.
USC’s campus guidelines for health, hygiene and safety have been developed in conjunction with city, county and state guidelines. The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LADPH) requires that universities confirm their compliance with established requirements by completing their protocol checklist.