Phases and Guidelines
Essential information about Fall 2020 has been consolidated for your convenience. This document includes on-campus health and hygiene protocols, phase guidelines, return planning and details around academic programs, student experience and athletics for the fall semester.
While most Trojans will be learning and working remotely, a portion of our community will be on campus. They will be required to follow stringent guidelines and safety requirements to help keep themselves and other members of our community safe.
Eventually, we will all return. The university has developed a phased approach for that return. Those resources are linked below, and they will help us determine when it is safe for everyone to return to campus.
The foundation for the university’s goal of a safe campus reopening
Phased Approach and Restart Planning
The university will use defined phases based on public health status to determine the return status
Returning to Campus
This simple checklist outlines the essential things to do to return to campus
General Restart FAQs
Answers to some of the most common questions about returning to campus
Trojan Community Guidelines
Every student, faculty and staff member, and visitor coming to campus will be required to follow these health measures
Restart Working Groups
There are 11 working groups with more than 100 Trojans working to bring our community back to campus
Watch recordings of fall 2020-related webinars for students, faculty and staff
Health and Safety
Academics and Research
Living and Working
Staying safe is a shared responsibility. Make the commitment to keep yourself and your fellow Trojans healthy and happy.
- 8/11: Return to Campus AccountabilityAll faculty and staff must follow the COVID-19 safety protocols and requirements issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), L.A. County Department of Public Health and other health authorities.
- 8/11: Pac-12 Presidents and Chancellors Vote to Postpone Athletic Competitions Through End of 2020Today, the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors unanimously voted to postpone athletic competitions until the end of the calendar year.
- COVID-19 Testing Numbers (7/26/20-8/1/20)View the testing numbers at USC Student Health (excluding other patients of Keck Medicine of USC) for July 26 – Aug. 1, 2020.
- 8/7: CA Department of Public Health Releases Guidance for Institutions of Higher EducationThe California Department of Public Health released its Guidance for Institutions of Higher Education on Aug. 7, 2020. USC is currently reviewing and analyzing this guidance and will collaborate with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and other authorities to determine its impact on our plans to repopulate our campuses.
- 8/7: Behavioral Expectations for StudentsUSC’s Vice President for Student Affairs Winston Crisp shares behavioral expectations for students living on or near campus this fall.
USC’s campus guidelines for health, hygiene and safety have been developed in conjunction with city, county and state guidelines. The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health requires that universities confirm their compliance with established requirements by completing their protocol checklist.