Please see the Health and Safety FAQs for health-related guidance, including information about COVID-19 symptoms and what to do if you are sick. USC provides numerous mental health, well-being and support resources for students. Students can call with care questions 24/7; dial 213-740-9355 (WELL).
As the situation around COVID-19 continues to impact our student community, we want to assure you that USC Student Health will continue to provide care during this time.
Student Health Announces “Pop Testing” for COVID-19
USC Student Health is conducting population testing (“Pop. Testing”) of COVID-19 with an external company (Color). The ongoing testing is part of the university’s overall testing strategy to identify, isolate, contact trace and contain new infections. See the FAQs for additional details. Note: USC Student Health is accepting standby walk-ups for Pop Testing.
- Download the English-language one-sheet announcement.
- Download the Chinese-language one-sheet announcement.
- Download the Spanish-language one-sheet announcement.
Student Health Requirements
See the fall 2020 health requirements for students currently residing in California, students currently residing outside of California but within the United States, and students currently residing outside the United States.
View additional details about the charges for the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) that will be reflected in your fall 2020 tuition statement.
There are no individual payment costs for COVID-19 testing. Tests may be conducted for clinical diagnosis (your health provider would do a screening and potentially recommend PCR nasal swab testing) or public health purposes (PCR nasal swab or blood test for antibodies).
Questions about Telehealth?
Dr. Sarah Van Orman, Chief Health Officer and Associate Vice Provost for Campus Health, and Dr. Broderick Leaks, Director of Counseling and Mental Health Services, conduct a question and answer session about accessing care and staying well in the era of social distancing.
Latest Health Updates
- 5/3 – Important Dates — Continuity of Care for Summer 2021May 3, 2021 TO: USC Students FR: USC Student Health RE: Important Dates — Continuity of Care for Summer 2021 As we are approaching the end of the spring semester, we remind all students that the Spring Student Health Fee coverage period formally ends on May 23, 2021. Students who would like to continue accessing services (primary…
- 4/27 – Vaccination and Testing UpdateApril 27, 2021 Dear Trojans, I’m proud that our community is leading the way in vaccination efforts in Los Angeles. As of this week, USC has directly administered more than 67,000 COVID-19 vaccination doses to our patients, faculty, staff, and students, and we have supported the delivery of over one million doses in our community…
- 4/7- COVID-19 Early Spring UpdateApril 7, 2021 The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health has recently updated its advisory regarding travel, in light of the County’s recent reclassification to the less restrictive Orange Tier in the State of California’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy: Travelers who are fully vaccinated, meaning 2 weeks have passed after their second dose for Pfizer or…
- 3/30 – COVID-19 Vaccination Eligibility MilestonesAs Los Angeles County has moved into the Orange Tier—indicating “moderate” transmission of COVID- 19—and vaccination rates in Los Angeles continue to trend in the direction that take us further into broad re-openings, we are thankful to our community for making safe precautions a priority as we move forward. VACCINE ELIGIBILITY Regarding COVID-19 vaccines, LA…
- 3/23 – Important Update from Provost ZukoskiMarch 23, 2021 Dear Trojan Community, With the recent decline in COVID-19 cases in the Los Angeles area, the county has officially entered the red tier of California’s reopening framework. This change enables us to accelerate our efforts to return to in-person activities. Remainder of Spring Under the red tier status, we are now able…