Please see the Health and Safety FAQs for health-related guidance, including information about COVID-19 symptoms and what to do if you are sick. USC provides numerous mental health, well-being and support resources for students. Students can call with care questions 24/7; dial 213-740-9355 (WELL).
As the situation around COVID-19 continues to impact our student community, we want to assure you that USC Student Health will continue to provide care during this time.
Student Health Announces “Pop Testing” for COVID-19
USC Student Health is conducting population testing (“Pop. Testing”) of COVID-19 with an external company (Color). The ongoing testing is part of the university’s overall testing strategy to identify, isolate, contact trace and contain new infections. See the FAQs for additional details. Note: USC Student Health is accepting standby walk-ups for Pop Testing.
- Download the English-language one-sheet announcement.
- Download the Chinese-language one-sheet announcement.
- Download the Spanish-language one-sheet announcement.
Fall 2020 Student Health Requirements
See the fall 2020 health requirements for students currently residing in California, students currently residing outside of California but within the United States, and students currently residing outside the United States.
View additional details about the charges for the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) that will be reflected in your fall 2020 tuition statement.
There are no individual payment costs for COVID-19 testing. Tests may be conducted for clinical diagnosis (your health provider would do a screening and potentially recommend PCR nasal swab testing) or public health purposes (PCR nasal swab or blood test for antibodies).
Questions about Telehealth?
Dr. Sarah Van Orman, Chief Health Officer and Associate Vice Provost for Campus Health, and Dr. Broderick Leaks, Director of Counseling and Mental Health Services, conduct a question and answer session about accessing care and staying well in the era of social distancing.
Latest Health Updates
- 2/22 – Campus Vaccine Distribution UpdateFebruary 22, 2021 TO: University Employees (Non-Keck Medicine) FR: Sarah Van Orman, MD, MMM, FACHA, Chief Health Officer, USC Student Health Division Chief for College Health, Keck School of Medicine of USC RE: Campus Vaccine Distribution Update As you may know, LA County has announced that on March 1, the Group 1B Tier 1…
- An important update from President Carol FoltFebruary 19, 2021 Dear Trojan students and families, I am writing to update you on Spring and Fall plans, but first let me take a moment to recognize the hardships that so many of you are experiencing due to frigid temperatures blanketing the country. Our thoughts are with our fellow Trojans, and we hope all…
- 2/5: COVID-19 Early Spring UpdateFebruary 5, 2021 USC Students, Faculty and University Staff: Recently, new case rates for COVID-19 and hospitalizations have continued to trend downward, after hitting a post-holidays peak. As we write this, the availability of ICU (intensive care unit) beds has increased to 13% capacity. The number of positive cases among students and employees also is decreasing, after peaking during the…
- 1/21: Update on Campus Vaccinations for Individuals Aged 65 and OlderCharles Zukoski, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, announces that campus vaccination operations under USC Student Health will be opening COVID-19 vaccination appointments to faculty, emeriti, students, and staff ages 65 and older.
- 1/20: Reminder—Trojan Check Begins Friday, Jan. 22All USC on-site employees and students are reminded that beginning January 22 (this Friday) that Trojan Check, the daily symptom check and campus access platform, will allow campus access only if you have completed the appropriate “Health, Hygiene and Safety” online module, influenza compliance, and required COVID-19 testing.