We are SC Faculty
We are the teachers and researchers. We share knowledge and shape young minds and hope that we might impart some wisdom along the way. We are the defenders of academic freedom. We believe in the power of research to advance the academy and improve the world around us. We are the foundation of the university’s core mission: education. We are SC.
Returning to Campus
This simple checklist outlines the essential things you must do to return to campus
Faculty Academic FAQs
Information about remote instruction, asynchronous education, online exams, Zoom security and more
Answers to the most frequently asked questions about research on campus during the pandemic
The USC Office of Research maintains an extensive COVID-19-related resource center for researchers
Health & Safety FAQs
Information about health and safety guidance
Mental Health, Well-being and Support
Resources to support mental health and overall well-being
Course planning support from the USC Center for Excellence in Teaching
Updates about travel guidance and regulations
Trojan Community Guidelines
Every student, faculty and staff member, and visitor coming to campus will be required to follow these health measures
Information about remote work policies, university services, child care and more
Employee Financial FAQs
Information about retirement contributions, investment planning and USC’s financial situation
Find your school or department’s human resources contact
Keck Medicine Faculty
Internal site for faculty updates from Keck Medicine of USC
Support Funds FAQs
Information about eligibility, timing and how to apply
All USC faculty, students and staff must complete this training in order to return to campus
Learn more about the wellness assessment and reservation system
Staying safe is a shared responsibility. Make the commitment to keep yourself and your fellow Trojans healthy and happy.
Return to Campus
In order to return to campus, you must complete the “Health, Hygiene and Safety” Training module on TrojanLearn. After completing the training, you will need to use Trojan Check to confirm you are well and make a reservation to come on campus.
Messages for Faculty
- 10/19: Changes to the H-1B Visa ProgramPresident Carol Folt announces that USC is joining a group of leading research, educational, and economic institutions in a federal lawsuit challenging the new H-1B visa guidelines.
- 10/14: Important Updates for Fall and Spring SemestersCharles Zukoski, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, and Kedra Ishop, Vice President for Enrollment Management, share important updates regarding the fall 2020 and spring 2021 semesters.
- 10/14: Planning Ahead for Spring 2021President Carol Folt shares updates regarding the fall 2020 and spring 2021 semesters.
- 10/6: Fall Community Health UpdateSarah Van Orman, USC’s Chief Health Officer for USC Student Health, shares updates with the USC community regarding COVID-19 and flu immunization.
- 9/30: Flu Immunization Requirement for On-site Faculty and StaffThe University is providing free flu vaccinations through USC Pharmacies for faculty and staff working on-site at any USC location and is requiring on-site employees to receive the seasonal flu vaccine by November 1, 2020.