We are SC Faculty
We are the teachers and researchers. We share knowledge and shape young minds and hope that we might impart some wisdom along the way. We are the defenders of academic freedom. We believe in the power of research to advance the academy and improve the world around us. We are the foundation of the university’s core mission: education. We are SC.
Returning to Campus
This simple checklist outlines the essential things you must do to return to campus
Faculty Academic FAQs
Information about remote instruction, asynchronous education, online exams, Zoom security and more
Answers to the most frequently asked questions about research on campus during the pandemic
The USC Office of Research maintains an extensive COVID-19-related resource center for researchers
Health & Safety FAQs
Information about health and safety guidance
Mental Health, Well-being and Support
Resources to support mental health and overall well-being
Course planning support from the USC Center for Excellence in Teaching
Updates about travel guidance and regulations
Trojan Community Guidelines
Every student, faculty and staff member, and visitor coming to campus will be required to follow these health measures
Information about remote work policies, university services, child care and more
Employee Financial FAQs
Information about retirement contributions, investment planning and USC’s financial situation
Find your school or department’s human resources contact
Keck Medicine Faculty
Internal site for faculty updates from Keck Medicine of USC
Support Funds FAQs
Information about eligibility, timing and how to apply
All USC faculty, students and staff must complete this training in order to return to campus
Learn more about the wellness assessment and reservation system
Staying safe is a shared responsibility. Make the commitment to keep yourself and your fellow Trojans healthy and happy.
Return to Campus
In order to return to campus, you must complete the “Health, Hygiene and Safety” Training module on TrojanLearn. After completing the training, you will need to use Trojan Check to confirm you are well and make a reservation to come on campus.
Messages for Faculty
- 8/11: Return to Campus AccountabilityAll faculty and staff must follow the COVID-19 safety protocols and requirements issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), L.A. County Department of Public Health and other health authorities.
- 8/11: Pac-12 Presidents and Chancellors Vote to Postpone Athletic Competitions Through End of 2020Today, the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors unanimously voted to postpone athletic competitions until the end of the calendar year.
- 8/7: CA Department of Public Health Releases Guidance for Institutions of Higher EducationThe California Department of Public Health released its Guidance for Institutions of Higher Education on Aug. 7, 2020. USC is currently reviewing and analyzing this guidance and will collaborate with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and other authorities to determine its impact on our plans to repopulate our campuses.
- 8/5: Fall Semester Update from Provost Zukoski and David WrightWe do not yet have clearance from the state or county to move forward with classroom instruction. Given the delay in receiving the required permission, we have made the difficult decision to begin the fall semester with fully remote instruction with limited exceptions for clinical education.
- 7/30: Student Health Announces “Pop Testing” for COVID-19USC Student Health is initiating population testing (“Pop. Testing”) of COVID-19 with the external company, Color, to begin the week of Aug. 3, 2020. The ongoing testing is part of the university’s overall testing strategy to identify, isolate, contact trace and contain new infections.