We are SC Neighbors
We are the community surrounding the university. We are the residents of University Park and South Los Angeles and Adams-Normandie and the Figueroa Corridor. We live on the Eastside: in Boyle Heights and Lincoln Heights and Ramona Gardens and El Sereno. We are an essential part of Los Angeles and a valuable part of the university community. We are SC.
Information about local organizations that provide food and meals to those in need
Information about renters’ rights and where to find help during landlord disputes
Information about career fairs, job opportunities and more
Small Business and Nonprofit Resources
Information about relief loans and funds available for small business owners
Government COVID-19 Sites
Resources for the latest information about COVID-19, including community-based testing
Donation and Volunteer Opportunities
Information about ways you can help your community
Staying safe is a shared responsibility. Make the commitment to keep yourself and your fellow Trojans healthy and happy.
Messages for the Community
- 8/11: Pac-12 Presidents and Chancellors Vote to Postpone Athletic Competitions Through End of 2020Today, the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors unanimously voted to postpone athletic competitions until the end of the calendar year.
- 8/7: CA Department of Public Health Releases Guidance for Institutions of Higher EducationThe California Department of Public Health released its Guidance for Institutions of Higher Education on Aug. 7, 2020. USC is currently reviewing and analyzing this guidance and will collaborate with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and other authorities to determine its impact on our plans to repopulate our campuses.
- 8/5: Fall Semester Update from Provost Zukoski and David WrightWe do not yet have clearance from the state or county to move forward with classroom instruction. Given the delay in receiving the required permission, we have made the difficult decision to begin the fall semester with fully remote instruction with limited exceptions for clinical education.
- 7/30: Student Health Announces “Pop Testing” for COVID-19USC Student Health is initiating population testing (“Pop. Testing”) of COVID-19 with the external company, Color, to begin the week of Aug. 3, 2020. The ongoing testing is part of the university’s overall testing strategy to identify, isolate, contact trace and contain new infections.
- 7/18: Community Update Regarding Rosso’sWe recently received information about a confirmed case of COVID-19 from an Auxiliary Services employee who worked in the central kitchen area for McKay’s and Rosso’s. The last dates the individual worked shifts were July 13 and 14. Employees with possible exposure were contacted and received instructions for self-monitoring. Patrons, who based on our records, visited Rosso’s on July 13 and 14 are being notified.